Apply for your Thailand Visa
Travelers who wish to visit Thailand can apply online to obtain a Thai eVisa. Currently, there are two types of Thailand eVisa:
- Thai eVOA or Thailand eVisa on Arrival – this is an electronic visa on arrival that can be easily obtained through an online application form. This eVisa can be obtained 100 percent online and will grant the holder a stay of 15 days in Thailand.
- The new eVisa for Thailand or electronic visa, needs travelers to register online and request an appointment at their nearest embassy or consulate. It is a new visa that was launched this year (2019) and has been implemented in France, the UK, and China. It is expected that more countries will implement the visa during the year. The visa process will be complete once the applicant attends their appointment at the Thai embassy or consulate to get their passports stamped after the online applications. The government hopes to make the entire process electronic soon. This new visa is for stays of over 30 days.
Thailand eVisa on Arrival Application Online
Thailand eVisa Process Information:
The Thailand visa application form (Thailand eVisa on arrival) has been designed to be straightforward and quick to complete. Candidates will be required to enter their contact details, travel plans, passport details, and answer some security-related questions.
To successfully obtain the eVisa, applicants need a passport, which must be valid for a minimum of 30 days from the expected date of arrival in Thailand. One page of the passport must be available for an entry stamp.
Applying for the Thai eVisa is a fairly simple process:
- Provide your personal details on the online application form
- Pay the fee of your eVOA (Electronic Visa on Arrival)
- Download the pre-approved eVoa
Documents to upload on your application :
- Passport cover page
- Passport bio page
- Departure and return airline tickets
- Confirmation of accommodation booking in Thailand
- Recent passport-style color photo 4×6 cm
To get your Thailand eVisa on arrival you will need:
- A valid passport
- Departure and return airline tickets within 15 days
- Confirmed accommodation for your stay
Upon arrival in Thailand you will need:
- A printed copy of the approved Thailand eVisa on Arrival
- Your passport with one blank page for an entry stamp
- Arrival and return airline ticket within 15 days
- Confirmation of accommodation booking in Thailand
- Proof of sufficient funds for the trip
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Nationals or residents of the following countries must have a yellow fever vaccination certificate at the port of entry to Thailand to comply with International Health Regulations: Angola, Argentina, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Venezuela
Thailand eVisa Application Form
The Thailand visa application online for the Thailand eVOA is also an easy form. The applicants need to provide their personal details, passport information and their travel plans. In addition, it is necessary to answer some security-related questions.
The Thailand online visa application requires that each applicant accurately provides their full name, date and place of birth. They must include the passport number and the issuing and expiration date of such document. When filling out the application, the traveler must use a passport with a minimum validity of 30 days from the intended date of arrival.
It will be essential to answer all of the questions accurately in the Thailand visa application form. Applicants should enter information with care as any incomplete or incorrect information could have a negative impact.
In addition to completing the online Thai visa application form, citizens of eligible countries will also need to meet other visa requirements for Thailand.
For the eVisa application for Thailand, the Thai eVOA, applicants will need a valid passport from an eligible country, have a credit or debit card to pay the eVisa fee, and provide details of an email address to receive the Thailand eVisa on Arrival.
The Government of the Kingdom of Thailand is currently waiving the 2,000 Baht (61 USD) fee to enter Thailand with eVisa on arrival until the 31st of October 2019.
Once approved, the eVOA grants its holder a stay of up to 15 days in the country. This Thai visa application online processes is for citizens of eligible countries who want to travel and entry to Thailand for short-term stays.
The online visa application for Thailand is valid for entry through designated International Airports:
- Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi International Airport – BKK
- Phuket – Phuket International Airport – HKT
- Bangkok – Don Mueang International Airport – DMK
- Chiang Mai – Chiang Mai International Airport – CNX
How to get an eVisa for Thailand?
It will be quick and straightforward to obtain a Thailand online visa. Eligible citizens can apply for and receive the eVisa in three simple steps.
- Complete the online Thai eVisa Application form.
- Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card.
- Receive the Thailand travel visa in your inbox.
Applicants must have a valid passport from one of the eligible countries in order to successfully complete the application. This passport must also be valid.
The visa application form for Thailand (Thai tourist eVisa) is straightforward and only takes a few minutes to complete. Applicants just need to enter their contact information, passport details, and travel plans, and answer some security-related questions.
This process has been designed to save visa applicants time when applying for a Thailand visa, without the necessity of visiting an embassy or consulate.
Thailand eVisa Registration Process Information
What information will I need to provide during the Thailand visa registration process?
The Thailand online visa application will require candidates to provide some basic personal details, such as their name, address, and date of birth. It will also be necessary to enter the details of the passport that will be used to enter Thailand.
In addition, applicants will need to answer some security-related questions and provide information about their travel plans. The information provided during the Online Thailand visa registration process will be check.
How long does it take to get a Thailand Online Visa?
The Thailand eVisa application will only take a few minutes to complete. It is essential that all the sections are answered fully and accurately.
Travelers can apply for the Thailand visa online between 30 to 5 days prior to the trip. The Thailand eVisa has a validity of 30 days from the moment of approval. The Thailand online visa is processed approximately within 2 days. In some cases, the process may take longer up, to 5 days.
Once the Thai visa application has been submitted and approved, it is sent directly to the applicant’s inbox. It is then possible to print a copy of the visa to present at the Thai border control along with the corresponding passport.
How long is a Thai eVisa valid for?
The Thailand visa on Arrival is valid up to 15 days at major entry points whether by air or by land. Visas on arrival may not be extended.
Travelers can apply for the Thailand eVisa online between 30 to 3 days prior to the trip to the country. Thailand eVisa is valid for a period of 30 days from the day the visa has been approved.
However, if the departure date is later than 30 days, the approved Thailand eVisa will be sent prior to the trip taking into consideration the arrival date.
What should I do after I receive my Thailand eVisa?
When you apply for an online Thailand visa it is essential to enter accurate information and complete each section of the application form.
Applicants should revise all the information entered before the application is submitted. The form is straightforward and only takes a few minutes to complete. If an applicant realizes that they have made a mistake on the application after submitting it, a customer service team is available to help 24/7.
Once you receive your approved Thailand eVisa on arrival, you must print at least one copy of the document to present it to border authorities at a port of entry, you can use the dedicated fast line for eVisa on arrival. The Thailand eVisa must be presented along with the passport used for the online application.