Apply now for a Thailand eVOA to avoid queues at border control
The Thai eVisa on arrival can be obtained online before traveling to Thailand, allowing eligible citizens to avoid long lines for a Thai visa on arrival at the border. Those with the Thai eVOA online can join a dedicated fast lane for entry to the country.
The government of the Kingdom of Thailand introduced the eVOA for Thailand to save time in visa approval. Additional payment for the eVisa on arrival for Thailand is being waived until the 31st of May, 2020. After this date, a fee of 2,000 Baht (US $61) may be required upon arrival.
Thailand eVisa on Arrival
Travelers who wish to visit Thailand for up to two weeks can do so using the Thailand visa on arrival which permits travelers to stay for up to 15 days in Thailand. There are certain requirements for the Thailand visa on arrival, as well as a list of countries that are eligible for the Thai visa on arrival application.
- The Thailand eVisa on arrival is the original visa on arrival that allows travelers entry to Thailand
- The eVisa on arrival to Thailand is mandatory to enter Thailand
- This eVOA (Thailand electronic visa on arrival) is available to citizens of 18 countries
- Necessary to travel to Thailand for tourism purposes
- The Thailand eVOA grants holders a stay of up to 15 days
- The Thai eVOA can be obtained online through an application form
- The objective of this electronic visa is to speed up the entry process upon arrival in Thailand
Thailand eVOA Countries
There are certain requirements for the Thailand visa on arrival online, as well as a list of countries that are eligible for the Thai visa on arrival online application.
There are 18 countries at present that are able to enter Thailand and obtain the Thai visa on arrival. Citizens of these 18 countries can also get the online visa on arrival for Thailand. The Thai eVOA is a single entry visa.
The countries eligible for the Thai visa on arrival and Thailand eVOA online are:
Thai eVOA Requirements
Travelers should ensure that they meet all the requirements before traveling to Thailand and requesting a Thai visa on arrival online. The Thai eVOA will grant its holder a stay of 15 days in the country and can be used for tourism purposes only.
- Travelers must be of an eligible nationality for visa on arrival application.
- Passports must be official and also valid for at least 30 days upon entering Thailand.
- The visa must be for tourism purposes only.
- The visa applicant needs to be able to give an address of where they are staying in Thailand (e.g. hotel address).
- Travelers must have a return ticket that proves that they are leaving the country before the Thai online visa on arrival expires (please note: this must be by air travel).
- Each traveler applying for a Thailand visa on arrival must has sufficient funds of at least 10,000 THB or 20,000 THB per family.
- The Thai visa on arrival fee is approximately 2,000 THB and can change without notice. The visa fee should be paid in cash in Thai currency only.
- The Thai visa fee for online applications for eVisa on arrival is waived until the 31st of May, 2020, after which point it may be required to pay the 2,000 Baht fee on arrival.
Failure to meet the above Thai visa requirements could result in the rejection of your entry to Thailand.
The visa on arrival for Thailand should speed up the entry process upon arrival in the country exempts. In the following link, you can consult the price of the eVisa to Thailand.
How to get a Thailand eVisa on Arrival?
Getting a Thai visa on arrival online is as simple as making sure the traveler complies with the above requirements, filling out the online application, and receiving the pre-approved Thailand’s e-VOA via email.
Travelers can apply online for their eVisa On Arrival for Thailand with very short-notice. E-VOA can be filed with as little as 24 hours’ notice, but the recommendation is to allow for some extra time in case there are any issues.
Interested visitors can fill out their application up to 30 days prior to the scheduled departure date. The process is done entirely online and takes only a few minutes to complete.
Not only is it convenient but it also saves time at immigration once in the country.
Only passportbooks with at least one-month validity upon arrival in Thailand are accepted.
Thai Visa on Arrival Online Documents Required
Travelers should ensure that they have the following documentation on their person upon entering Thailand:
- A valid passport with at least 30 more days of validity.
- Completed arrival card (issued on plane to Thailand).
- Proof of a return ticket before the expiration of the Thai visa.
- Passport-sized photo.
Thailand eVOA authorized landing International Airports
The Thailand eVisa on arrival is valid for entry through this designated International Airports:
- Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi International Airport – BKK
- Bangkok – Don Mueang International Airport – DMK
- Phuket – Phuket International Airport – HKT
- Chiang Mai – Chiang Mai International Airport – CNX
Thailand Visa on Arrival at the Airport
You can also apply for the Thai visa on arrival once you arrive at one of the Thai airports listed below.
Unlike the online processing, requesting a visa on arrival at the airport will be more time-consuming.
Travelers usually have to wait an average of 2 hours to turn in their papers and get their visa on arrival. To avoid queues, crowds, and negotiations at the last moment, it is recommended to apply online from the comfort of your home, this avoiding wasting time at the airport and entering the country much faster.
The Thai visa on arrival permits travelers to stay in Thailand (strictly for tourism purposes) for a period of up to 15 days.
This period includes the arrival and departure date. You must be able to present a return flight ticket for your return journey which proves that you will be departing Thailand within the 15 day period.
Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which Provide Facilities for Visa Issue on Arrival
The following locations can issue a Thai visa on arrival:
- Aranyaprathet Immigration Checkpoint, Sakaeo
- Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
- Ban Prakob Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala
- Bueng Kan Immigration Checkpoint, Bueng Kan
- Bukit Tal Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiangmai
- Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
- Kanchanaburi Land Border Checkpoint, Kanchanaburi
- Khlong Yai Immigration Checkpoint, Trat
- Khuan Don Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
- Krabi Immigration Checkpoint, Krabi
- Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint, Rayong
- Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Mukdahan Immigration Checkpoint, Mukdahan
- Nakhon Phanom Immigration Checkpoint, Nakhon Phanom
- Nan Immigration Checkpoint, Nan
- Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
- Padang Besar Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Phibun Mangsahan Immigration Checkpoint, Ubon Ratchathani
- Phuket Immigration Checkpoint, Phuket
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket
- Phusing Land Border Checkpoint, Sisaket
- Pong Nam Ron Immigration Checkpoint, Chanthaburi
- Prachup Khiri Khan Checkpoint at Hua Hin Airport, Prachup Khiri Khan
- Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Samui Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
- Sattahip Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
- Satun Checkpoint at Koh Lipe Marine Port, Satun
- Satun Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani
- Samut Prakan Checkpoint, Samut Prakan
- Songkhla Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
- Su-ngai Kolok Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
- Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
- Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Tak Bai Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
- Tak Immigration Checkpoint, Tak
- Tha Li Immigration Checkpoint, Loei
- Trang Airport, Trang
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong