Ethiopian citizens are required to get a visa for Thailand no matter the length and purpose of the stay. However, unlike most other African countries, a Thailand visa on arrival for Ethiopians is available for a stay for up to 15 days for tourism purposes.
Thailand eVOA for Ethiopian Citizens
Ethiopian citizens now have the option to pre-register for a Thailand electronic visa on arrival (eVOA) online before traveling to the country. Applicants are required to complete the simple Thailand eVisa application online, which only takes minutes to fill in.
In order to promote the new eVOA for Ethiopians service, the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand is currently waiving the additional payment of 2,000 Baht (approximately 61 USD) to enter Thailand with eVisa on arrival until the 30th of April 2019. After this date, all travelers may be required to make an additional payment of 2,000 Baht upon arrival in Thailand.
The Thai visa on arrival from Ethiopia allows holders to avoid wasting time filling out paperwork at the border and join a dedicated fast lane to speed up entry to the country.
Requirements of Thailand Visa on Arrival from Eithiopia
Before applying, it’s first necessary to meet the Thailand visa requirements for Ethiopians. Applicants must:
- Be arriving by air at one of the international airports in Thailand
- Have a valid debit or credit card to pay the eVOA for Ethiopia fee
- Provide a valid current email address at which to receive the electronic visa on arrival
- Supply the address where they will stay in Thailand (e.g of a hotel or hostel)
- Provide proof of sufficient funds (10,000 TBH per person or 20,000 THB per family) for the duration of the stay in Thailand
Thai eVOA Documents Required for Ethiopia Citizens
In addition to having an Ethiopian passport valid for at least 1 month upon entry to Thailand, applicants for the electronic visa on arrival from Ethiopia are also required to supply:
- Proof of a return ticket to Ethiopia (or an onward destination) before the Thai eVOA for Ethiopians expires
- A passport-sized photo
- A completed arrival card (issued on the plane to Thailand)
How to Get a Thailand eVOA for Ethiopians?
The Thailand eVOA for Ethiopian citizens can be obtained through the simple online application from 30 days up to 24 hours prior to the intended entry date.
Applicants are required to fill in the form with personal data and passport information, as well as to answer some security-based questions. To avoid rejection or delay of the Thai eVOA for Ethiopians, it’s essential to double-check all the information entered on the form is correct. Credit or debit card information to pay the visa fee will also need to be supplied.
Upon approval, the Thailand eVisa will be sent directly to the email address provided by the applicant, who can then print a copy to present at Thai border control alongside the relevant passport and supporting documentation.