In order to be able to apply for a Thailand visa, applicants should check that their nationality enables them to apply for a Thailand visa online, as not all countries are currently able to obtain a Thai visa electronically.
The Thailand eVisa on arrival is an electronic visa for travelers who wish to visit Thailand for a short period of time. The eVOA grants a short-term stay of up to 15 days. The Thai eVisa is issued through an online application system designed to speed up the process of obtaining a visa on arrival.
To successfully apply for the Thailand visa, applicants will need to meet the basic visa requirements for Thailand. Applicants will need the following items:
- A valid passport from one of the eligible countries.
- A credit/debit card to pay the visa fee.
- An email address to receive the Thai visa.
Eligible Countries eVisa on Arrival:
Citizens from the countries listed below are eligible to apply online for a Thailand eVisa on arrival:
Passport Requirements and Necessary Entry Documents:
Before travelers arrive in Thailand they should make sure they have all the necessary documentation. It is necessary to present the following at the Thai border in order to enter:
- A valid passport with a minimum of 30 days from the date of arrival
- The passport must have at least one blank page for an entry stamp
- A printed copy of the approved Thailand eVisa on arrival
- A copy of the arrival and return airline ticket within 15 days
- Confirmation of accommodation booking in Thailand
- Proof of sufficient funds for the trip, minimum 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family
eVisa Check Status
Once the applicant has submitted the online application, all Thailand eVisa notifications and updates will be sent to the traveler’s email.
The Thailand online visa takes within two days to process. However, in some cases, it can take up to five days.
Once approved, the Thailand visa will be sent to the email address the traveler provided on their application form.
When completing the online application, the traveler must ensure they enter all the required information accurately. Any incorrect data or incomplete section could lead to the application being delayed or rejected.
Check your online visa status in order to:
- Verify the issue date
- Verify the expiration date
- Verify the provided information is correct
Requirements of the New Electronic Thai visa
The new eVisa will be rolled out for several countries throughout 2019. Currently, Chinese citizens, British citizens, and French citizens can complete the new eVisa application and set an appointment at an embassy or consulate. As countries are added to the eVisa list, they will be posted here.
The online process will speed up the visa application process and should contribute to getting Thailand tourist visa in a simpler way. The new Thailand eVisa should be requested for stays of over 30 days.
Visa requirements by country:
- Czech Republic*
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States