Thailand is one of the most popular traveling destinations in the world with thousands visiting around the seasonal clock. At present, Japanese citizens can request a Thailand tourist visa or a Thailand visa on arrival in Thailand when traveling for a period of 31 days or longer.
The new Thai eVisa scheme is set to simplify the process of obtaining a visa prior to travel to Thailand and will be launched in 2019 with some nationalities trialing the electronic visa process in 2018.
Applying for a Thailand eVisa for Japanese citizens will be a simple process and enable travelers to request and obtain their Thailand tourist visa without having to physically visit an embassy or consulate.
Visit Thailand from Japan with Thailand Tourist Visa (eVisa)
You can apply for a Thailand tourist visa for Japanese citizens which will enable you to travel in Thailand for 60 days. This can also be extended once in Thailand at an immigration checkpoint in Thai airports or border crossings. The visa extension permits travelers to a Thailand tourist visa of 90 days in total. If you would like to stay longer, you should check with the Consulate General before entering Thailand.
Once the Thailand eVisa for Japanese citizens has been established, Japanese citizens will be able to apply for a Thailand visa online by filling out a simple application form and receiving their Thai eVisa in the email inbox.
Thailand visa application for the Japanese
The electronic Thailand visa for Japanese citizens will consist of the following stages:
- Filling out the Thai application form for Japaneses with the correct details,
- Submitting the Thai eVisa application form and receiving a confirmation email,
- Your application will be assessed by the Thai Government and immigration authorities,
- You will be notified via email as to whether your Thailand eVisa has been approved or rejected,
- In the case that your Thailand visa for Japanese citizens has been approved, applicants should print the Thai eVisa ready for travel
Please note: the visa is only valid with the corresponding passport and correct details.
You can complete the application form in a matter of minutes. You will be required to submit:
- Travel details.
- Personal details.
- Passport details.
- Contact details
Requirements of Thai eVisa for Japanese citizens
Before applying for a Thailand visa online, Japanese citizens should check the Thai requirements for visa application:
- All Japanese passports should be valid at the time of visa application and also be valid for at least half a year on the date of entry to Japan.
- The applicant must be eligible for Thailand visa application.
- The visa fee must be paid with a valid credit or debit card.
- An email address is required for receiving the visa
In the case that one or more of these requirements are unable to be met, the Thai eVisa for Japaneses will not be able to be granted. All details should be correct and match the corresponding passport in order to secure the validity of your Thailand eVisa.