Organizing your trip to Thailand is set to become much more simple and straightforward, thanks to the new Thai eVisa scheme. Vietnamese citizens will soon be able to apply for an electronic Thailand visa which will enable travelers to visit Thailand for a period of up to 90 days.
The application form will consist of simple steps to obtaining your Thailand tourist visa, such as completing an application form. This enables travelers to request and obtain a visa without having to visit an embassy physically.
The Thailand eVisa for Vietnamese citizens is not yet available. Next year, the Thai Government will add more countries to the list of eligible countries for online Thai visa application.
Visit Thailand from Vietnam with Thailand Tourist Visa
There are different types of visas for entering Thailand. However, for tourism purposes, you can request the Thailand tourist visa which allows Vietnamese citizens up to 90 days’ stay in Thailand. This is usually granted as a 60-day visa but can be extended to up to 90 days in total.
The aim of the new Thai eVisa for Vietnam citizens scheme is to speed up the process of getting a Thailand visa. Those who require a Thailand tourist visa will be able to fill out an application form online and receive an email confirmation, followed by a visa approval at a later date.
How to Apply for a Thailand Visa from Vietnam
The process of applying for a Thailand eVisa online for vietnameses consists of the following:
- Complete an application form
- Receive a confirmation email after submitting the application
- Receive your approved visa (providing you have complied with regulations and are eligible for application)
- Print your visa ready for travel and presentation at the Thai border in conjunction with the corresponding passport
The application form requires you to complete the following:
- Passport details
- Personal details
- Travel details
- Contact details
Visa Requirements for Vietnamese Citizens
In order to check that you are eligible for Thai visa application for Vietnam citizens, read the following basic requirements for the Thailand Visa:
- The applicant must be from a country eligible for application such as Vietnam.
- Passports should be valid not only at the time of visa application, but that same passport should be valid for at least 6 more months upon the entry date to Thailand.
- The visa must be paid online with a valid method of card payment
Applicants require an email address for receiving updates on the visa process, as well as the actual visa which once received, should be printed off
Applicants should ensure that they meet the requirements of the Thai visa in order to apply for a Thailand visa successfully. The visa should be presented with the correct passport upon entry to Thailand.